Suppose you want to enjoy the upcoming Meteor Showers Geminids on December 13-14, 2023, and Lunar Eclipses on 25 March 2024. In this case, you definitely need the best telescope to increase your quality of star gazing and have a better scope of sky monitoring.
Per our recommendation, the Celestron Inspire 100Az Refractor Telescope from the Celestron brand is the best telescope with specifications like panning handle Alt-az control and 600mm focal length. You can easily see planets, the Moon, Messier, M 45 star cluster and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night.
Many options for telescopes in India are available based on astronomical and terrestrial use. We have listed some of the best telescopes for everyone, from beginners to experts.
List of The Best Telescopes Price In India
In this article, we covered 3 types of telescopes, i.e. refractor, reflector and compound. Also, we mentioned their specific features to help you find the best telescope.
Celestron Inspire 100Az Telescope is one of the short refractor telescope integrated with a smartphone adapter, StarPointer Pro finderscope, and a red LED flashlight/mount light. The Celestron Inspire 100 is a telescope perfect for terrestrial and astronomical viewing.
This Celestron Inspire brand telescope comes with a panning handle Alt-Az control and a 600 mm focal length aperture that is used in smoothing with the accurate pointing of the target.
The telescope is a perfect scope for viewing the planets, their moons, Caldwell 41 star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night.
In addition, the optical tube of the telescopes has one image erector star diagonal lens, which is used as a spotting scope during the day.
Lens Aperture: 100 mm
Magnification: 241x maximum and 15x minimum
No. of Eye Pieces: 2, Kellner Eyepieces 20mm and 10mm
Tripod Height: 4 Feet
Focal Length: 600mm
Material: Glass Optics
Weight: 9.7 kg
Ratings: 4.2 out of 5
- A smartphone adaptor is attached with the help of a bungee cord, which helps securely lock the phone with the telescope.
- This refractor Telescope has a panning handle Alt-Az control at the mount for easy navigation.
- Finderscopes of the Celestron telescope mechanism help you quickly centre on the object in your eyepiece for easier observation.
- The refractor telescope’s tripod size is just 4 feet, and if your height is more than 5’8″ feet, you can not comfortably look up at sky objects without kneeling.
- You have to handle the telescopes with extra care because the glass optics tube is used in a refractor telescope that can quickly crack.
If Money is not an object
Celestron’s Signature Orange Tube NEXSTAR 4SE Computerized telescope combines advanced features and excellent optics in an easy-to-use system. This telescope is a perfect choice for professional use at an economical price. It is a Compound telescope.
The Nexstar telescope has an excellent removable hand controller attached to the side of the telescope’s fork arm. These telescopes are designed to give instant and automatic access to all the functions of NexStar Telescope, like alignment to selected planets, stars or cosmic object like Messier and Caldwell.
The Celestron 4SE telescope has 4-inch primary mirror pack, which is enough to see Saturn’s rings and the bands on the Jupiter.
When you want to see more objects in the deep sky, like Hercules’s Globular cluster stars, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy and more with this Celestron telescope, adjust your telescope to the darker sky site, where you can easily see.
The telescope is equipped with an Altazimuth Mount and Barlow optics, making it convenient for you to get a view in all directions.
Lens Aperture: 102 mm
Magnification: 241x maximum and 15x minimum
No. of Eye Pieces: 1 Barlow Eyepieces 25mm
Tripod Height: 4.5 Feet
Focal Length: 1325mm
Material: Aluminium and optical glass
Weight: 13.6 kg
- The Celestron NexStar SE telescope can be dismantled in compact pieces, which makes it easy to carry.
- It is equipped with an automated GoTo mount with a database of 40,000+ celestial objects that automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- The adjustable tripod stand in the Celestron brand telescope can be set according to your height.
- It also needs a strong power supply of approximately 12 V, which can come only from AA dry cells, direct power supply, or power tank.
- Only one eyepiece of 25mm diameter is provided with the Celestron Nexstar telescopes.
Value for Money
Celestron Powerseeker 114EQ with an inbuilt Star Pointer Finderscope that can point at distant objects under study in the telescope and get quality results. It is an excellent telescope for beginners and intermediate astronomers of all ages.
This Celestron telescope has high transmission-coated glass reflector optical components for image clarity and brightness. The Celestron 114EQ Telescope provides bright, clear images of the Moon, planets, star clusters Caldwell 41, and excellent nighttime viewing.
Lens Aperture: 114 mm
Magnification: 225x maximum and 45x minimum
No. of Eye Pieces: 2, Barlow 20mm and 4mm
Tripod Height: 4.25 Feet
Focal Length: 900 mm
Weight: 8.62 kg
- Celestron power seeker 114EQ has slow-motion control to track celestial objects.
- The telescope rotates with the earth’s rotation as it has a German equatorial mount and tracks the sky at the particular location it was set earlier.
- It comes with 2-year warranty from Celestron.
- The finderscope optical mechanism of this Celestron reflector telescope is not easy to operate compared to other Celestron products.
Pullox 175X 262X 350X Multy Power Reflector Telescope is an ideal reflector telescope you can get for your kids and also give to adults as a gift. The Refractor telescope comes with lightweight frame and manual Azimuth mount for smooth and accurate pointing. It is also affordable in price.
This reflector telescope comes with a 700mm focal length aperture. It gives a complete scope in astronomical observations of the Earth’s Moon, Stars, Saturn’s rings, and Jupiter’s planets.
This telescope is used for image correcting in terrestrial viewing because it comes with an image erector of 1.5x.
Lens Aperture: 76 mm
Magnification: 175x maximum and 80x minimum
No. of Eye Pieces: 2, Barlow 20mm and 12.5mm
Tripod Height: 4.25 Feet
Focal Length: 700 mm
Weight: 4.5 kg
- You can assemble the telescope quickly because no assembly tool is required.
- The altazimuth mount can help in providing both vertical and horizontal astronomical views.
- The eyepieces in the telescope are interchangeable.
- Customer support for the Pullox brand is also excellent.
- The tripod mounting is unstable; the telescope starts shaking while adjusting.
Gosky 20-60×60 Hd Spotting Scope Spotting Scopeis a perfect scope for targets out at the shooting, archery, hunting, bird watching, wildlife watching, and astronomical observation. You can efficiently operate this telescope.
This telescope’s fully multi-coated 60mm green film objective and BAK4 Porro prism optics increase light transmission and deliver bright, clear, high-contrast images even in low-light conditions.
This telescope’s framework is durable and has high-quality rubber armour, which provides a non-slippery grip and long-lasting external protection.
Lens Aperture: 60 mm
No. of Eye Pieces: 1, Plossl 20mm
Tripod Height: 1.18 Feet
Focal Length: 28mm
Weight: 1.18 kg
- This Telescope is reliable in all weather as it has a waterproof design.
- A carry case, eyepiece, lens protection covers, and cleaning cloth makes it more convenient to carry out and maintain.
- The tripod needs to be of adequate height and sturdy, as it gets overturned when the phone is attached to it
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
What is the best telescope in India?
Celestron Nexstar 4SE Computerized, a Computerized telescope by the Celestron brand, is the best for viewing planets and sky objects. The telescope has an optics focal length of 1325 mm and also has an Altazimuth mount for viewing in all directions. Celestron telescope products are one of the best telescopes that give the best view of planets, stars, sky and other astronomical activities.
What are the different types of telescopes?
There are three main types of telescope: Refractor type Telescope (uses lenses to refract light to focus), Reflector type Telescope (uses mirror to reflect light to focus) and Compound type Telescope (uses both lenses and mirrors).
What is the telescope price in India?
According to us, the price range of a beginner telescope is approximately Rs 8,000- Rs 12,000, the price range of an intermediate telescope is roughly Rs 20,000- 30,000, for a professional telescope, the price range is approximately from Rs 40,000- Rs 60,000, and the price range of a hunting telescope is approximately Rs 10,000- Rs 25,000.
Which is the best telescope for viewing planets?
Among India’s vast range of telescopes, one of the best used for viewing planets is the Celestron Inspire 100Az Refractor Telescope. This Celestron telescope can be use for astronomical and terrestrial purposes.
Which telescope is use to see earth’s moon?
CEZO Refractor 90x Zoom Telescope is best for seeing the Earth’s Moon. It is an easy-to-operate telescope. These telescopes have two eyepieces (6 mm and 20mm), fully-coated glass optics and high transmission coatings. You can get a brighter image quality of Earth’s Moon. The magnification power of these telescopes is 60x, which is suitable for seeing astronomical objects.
The article covers the best telescopes of reflection, refractor, and compound-type products with different features. They are in the price range of Rs 8,000 to Rs 60,000 for beginners to expert users in India.
Per our recommendation, Celestron Inspire 100Az Refractor Telescope, is the best overall for viewing stars and planets. It comes in at a price of Rs 38,000 in India. Celestron 21045 Equatorial PowerSeeker EQ Telescope a is a value-for-money telescope available in India for beginners who want to experience the sky. They come in at a price of Rs 18,990. Celestron Nexstar 4SE is a compound telescope that is mainly used by expert users and comes in at a price of Rs 60,000.
Please let us know in the comments section below or email us via the call or contact page at “The Simple Indian “, which telescopes feature attracts you more out of the list! Remember, we are always here to answer your questions and hear your suggestions. Become a part of “The Simple Indian” family today 🙂🙂