When it comes to riding a bike, a good set of tyres can significantly impact its safety and performance. The best tyres for bikes provide a good balance between grip, durability, and comfort.
There are many option available for bike tyres in th market, but as the condition of the roads in India can vary significantly from clean highways to potholed streets, it is essential to choose best tyre for the bike that can handle different road conditions smoothly. Based on our recommendation, the best tyre brands for bike in India is Ceat Tube-Type Front Bike Tyre, & Ceat Gripp Tube-Type Rear Bike Tyre.
In this article, we have listed some of the best tyres for bikes on Indian roads so that you can make an informed decision about which brand to choose.
List of best tyre for bike in India
Here are some of the best tyre brands for bike in India, both front and rear categories, and based on different sizes & features.
Ceat Front and Rear best tyres for two-wheelers in India
They are best known for their excellent grip and durability to be run in both wet and dry road conditions.
Ceat Tube-Type Bike Front Tyre is an ISI-certified best tyre for bike. It is made of rubber tubeless two-wheeler tyres. It provides a great grip in wet and dry conditions. The dual compound technology of the tyres offers riders an uncompromised grip and safety with the high-strength and twin layers. It is compatible with all cruiser bikes, like all Honda bikes. Tyre’s maximum speed is 150 km/h.
- The angular treads with wet grip on the tyre are helpful in better water evacuations in a wet road condition.
- The rubber of tyre is soft so tyre is more prone to puncture.
Ceat Gripp Tube-Type Bike Rear Tyre is one of the best tyre for bike. This tyre brand for bike is ISI-certified and made of synthetic rubber for bike in the rear category. The dual compound technology of this tyre makes it suitable for prolonged periods even after exhaustive usage, and the inner high grip gives everlasting safety with confident braking for bike. It is compatible with all cruiser bikes, like all Honda bikes. Tyre’s maximum speed is 150km/h.
- This tyre provides constant grip throughout the shelf life.
- The water channelling in tyre with tabular tread also makes tyre run comfortably on water & mud.
- The synthetic rubber of tyre needs to be harder as it gets easily punctured.
Apollo Front and Rear best tyres for two-wheelers in India
If Money Not an Object
Apollo is one of India’s biggest manufacturers of best tyres for bikes. Their tyres have been recognised for their good control and braking performances under both humid and damp conditions. Apollo tyres remain the first choice of many users because of their higher fuel efficiency. Apollo Tyres also have the feature of traction of superior quality to manage heavy traffic conditions that are common these days.
Apollo Alpha Tubeless Front Bike Tyre is one of the best tyre for bike. It comes with high quality, outstanding tyre stability, and good steering control for your bike. These tyres are mostly recommended for off-road bikes. It comes with an excellent grip in off-road conditions. Compatible with all off-roading and sports bikes. The maximum speed of this tyre is 270 km/h.
- This tyre can load the weight up to 200kgs.
- Tyre width is good, providing great grip on wet road conditions.
- The price of tyre is higher than other brand tyres of the same size.
Apollo Alpha Tubeless Rear Bike Tyre is the zero-degree steel belted radial tyre. It is one of best bike tyre for bike. It has an extreme chemical grip on the wet and dry conditions. It is built with a premium blend of silica, and the carbon black layer provides a better grip. They are compatible with all off-roading and sports bikes. The maximum speed of this tyre is 210 km/h.
- The cornering on the tyre is very good for high-speeding.
- It is less prone to puncture as the material is a synthetic rubber.
- The grooves are missing at the tyre’s centre (which expels water beneath the tyres).
- The air nozzle of the bike tyre could be of better quality.
TVS Front and Rear best tyres for two-wheeler in India
Value for Money
TVS bike tyre brand is a prominent manufacturer of two-wheelers. It offers a comprehensive range of front and rear tyres for a bike, ensuring safety on the road. It manufactures long-lasting tyres that provide exceptional performance on city and country roads.
TVS DRAGON Tubeless Front Scooter Tyre is the perfect tyre brand choice for scooter riders seeking optimum performance and reliability. The Dragon TL pattern of the bike tyres ensures superior traction and stability, making it ideal for the front position of your scooter. The maximum speed of this tyre is 160 km/h.
- The bold blocks of grooves with optimum width provide a better grip on wet roads.
- The water ejaculation is good in rainy seasons.
- It is not recommended for long and off-road riding as it loses control while applying sudden brakes on the road.
- The tyre’s grip is not as good as the Michelin tyre, which is the best in the segment.
TVS Olivia Tubeless Rear Scooter Tyre is one of the best rear tyres for your scooter in India. It provides excellent high-speed driving and braking with better control for the scooter. With a strong casing, it has an advanced tri-polymer tread compound that uses high-structure carbon. The bike tyres are compatible with all scooters. The maximum speed of this tyre is 160 km/h.
- Tyres can be used as front and rear.
- The braking control of the tyre is good.
- The tyre is not recommended for high-performance scooters.
JK Front and Rear best tyres for two-wheelers in India
JK Tyres is among the top 10 and is one of the best bike tyre brands in India’s manufacturing company. They provide best tyre for bike in the affordable range. Their tyre comes in an excellent grip to be used in wet & dry road situations.
JK Blaze Tubeless Front Bike Tyre is developed with superior quality rubber compound. It is the one of best tyre for bike. It has a straight circumferential groove on the at the centre for excellent stability & high fuel efficiency to the vehicle. Tyre’s maximum speed is 150 km/h.
It is compatible with all cruiser bikes, including the Hero Achiever, Hero CBZ, Hero Glamour, Hero Karizma ZMR, HERO Passion, Hero Passion X Pro, HERO Splendor, and Hero Super Splendor.
- It is suitable for excellent wet and dry grip.
- This bike tyre is made with softer rubber, which decreases its durability.
The JK Blaze Tubeless Rear Bike Tyre advance cross-over directional grooves. As the name suggests, the tubeless bike tyre functions without tubes. These tyres provide excellent traction and braking in all road conditions with fuel efficiency. Tyres are recommended to be use in urban, rural and city rides. Tyre’s maximum speed is 180 km/h.
Compatible with cruiser and sports bikes like the Bajaj Discover 125 (Disc), Bajaj Discover 110 (Disc), Bajaj Pulsar Neon 110, 150, and Honda CB Unicorn. Yamaha SZ RR 2.0
- This tyre has a solid grip on rough and bumpy roads.
- This tyre snuggly fits on the rims.
- The tyre air pressure get starts deflating after some days of use.
MRF Front and Rear best tyres for two-wheeler in India
MRF tyres are one of the best tyre for bikes in India. It offers excellent durability, high-speed stability, and mileage in the bike. The best feature of MRF Tyres is the high-quality radials. This feature supports the two-wheelers for travelling more distance at higher speeds. It can be managed on any surface with a wonderful quality grip.
MRF Nylogrip Tubeless Front Bike Tyre comes in the slipped block design. The tyre is tread with the centre groove. The MRF tyres provide excellent traction and grip in dry and wet conditions in the vehicle. These are the tyres that provide improved balancing on curved roads. Tyre’s maximum speed is 150 Km/h
They are compatible with cruiser bikes such as Hero Passion X-Pro, Karizma ZMR, R, Hunk New I Smart, Honda Dream Yuga, CB Shine, Shine SP 125, Dream Neo, Livo, Hero CD100, and Yamaha Saluto.
- The width of the bike tyre is less, so it can provide good mileage on city roads.
- The tyre comes with a lifetime warranty from the MRF brand.
- The tyre is only available in a limited range of sizes, which may not be suitable for all bikes.
MRF Nylogrip Tubeless Rear Bike Tyre comes in a unique tread pattern with sharp covering capabilities, is the best tyre for bike. The tyre is made of hard plastic with an inner material of nylon. The tyre provides excellent traction and grip in dry and wet conditions. They are compatible with cruiser bikes like Hero I Smart, Honda Dream Yuga, CB Shine, Shine SP 125, & Dream Neo. Tyre’s maximum speed limit is 150 km/h.
- The grooved tread of the bike tyre provides maximum grip during wet conditions.
- The air knob of the tyre is missing from the packages.
Ralco Front and Rear best tyre for two-wheelers in India
Ralco Tyres is an Indian tyre manufacturing company that produces a variety of tires for different vehicles, including motorcycles, scooters, cars, trucks, and agricultural vehicles. Ralco Tyres is known for offering a range of tires focusing on quality and performance.
Ralco Blaster Tubeless Front Bike Tyre is a tubeless nylon front two-wheeler and one of best tyre for bike tyre. These tyres have a directional pattern with smooth corner control to run in all weather conditions. The centred grooves of the tyre ensure excellent water channelling and excellent wet grip. The unique cool compound technology prevents tyres from overheating even after running hours. The bike tyres are compatible with sports and for the off-roading bike. Tyre’s maximum speed is 150 km/h.
- The unique cool technology of the tyre prevents tyres from overheating.
- It has a good grip if you take your bike for off-roading.
- The tyre does not fit properly in some bikes like Honda Twister.
Ralco Blaster Tubeless Rear Bike tyre is one of best tyre for bike. The cross-directional tread of a tyre gives extra grip and durability. The 6 cm non-skid depth of a tyre makes running smoothly on wet road conditions convenient. Tyres has unique cool compound technology that prevents tyres from overheating in the long run. The bike tyres are compatible with sports & off-road bikes. Tyre’s maximum speed is 210 km/h
- The tyre’s cornering has a good grip for riding in muddy areas.
- The tyre snuggly fits with two two-wheelers.
- The air nozzle could be of better quality; it breaks after some days.
Michelin Front and Rear best tyre for two-wheeler in India
Michelin tyres are the best-known brand for tyres in two wheelers and four wheelers in India and they are the known tyres for a extra mileage and strong grip.
Michelin Pilot Street Tubeless Front Bike Tyre is a best rear motorcycle tyre for city and urban commuting. The “REINF” designation indicates that tyres are reinforced for additional strength and load-carrying capacity. These tyres are beneficial for motorcycles carrying heavy loads or bikes used in challenging conditions. The bike tyres are compatible with all the cruisers and sports bikes. Tyre’s maximum speed is 210km/h.
- Tyres provide a good balance of durability, grip, & comfort for everyday use
- The synthetic rubber is soft & more prone to punctures.
Michelin Pilot Street Tubeless Rear Bike Tyre are the new design tyres available in a combination involving a circumferential groove & progressive lateral shoulder treads. Tyre ensure optimal agility & high levels of performance not only on dry roads but on wet surfaces too for bikes. It is compatible with all cruisers & sports bikes. Tyre’s maximum speed is 210km/h.
- These tyres can be used as both front & rear.
- The lateral shoulder grooves of tyres provide a better-wet grip.
- The Michelin tyre comes with only a 1-year warranty; all other brand tyres have a minimum three-year warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which is the best Bike tyre brands in India?
The best bike tyre in India is from the Ceat brand. The bike tyres used in the most popular two-wheeler Hero Splendor are mostly from the Ceat brand. They are easily available, affordable, and best known for good grip & durability.
Which tyre type is best for the bike in India?
You can choosea best tyre for your two-wheeler depending on various factors, including your bike type, your riding style, and the road conditions. Here are some general guidelines for good tyres in the two-wheeler category:
How to select the right tyre for two-wheelers in India?
You must keep many pointers in mind if you want to buy the right tyre for your bike. A guide for selecting the right tyres for a bike is explained below image:
What is the average pressure of two-wheeler tyre?
The common range for the vehicle tyre pressure is typically between 28 and 36 PSI (pounds per square inch) for the front tyre and 32 to 42 PSI for the rear tyre.
Which is best MRF or Michelin?
The MRF tyre is best known for daily commuting bikes and sports bikes. It is easily available in the market and is popular in India. MRF is made of hard rubber, which can be used on highways and rough roads.
Michelin tyres are known for their extra mileage. Still, they are more expensive than MRF tyres and are also not easily available. Michelin tyres are made of a soft rubber compound. They are mainly used for highways and have excellent grip with low noise.
The correct set of best tyres not only contributes to the performance of your bike but also plays a crucial role so that you can keep connected to the road with confidence and the control grip on the road. There are many options available for tyres.
As per our recommendation, you can get best tyres available in the market for if you are looking for daily commuting bike tyres from Ceat Brand Ceat Tube-Type Front Bike Tyre, Ceat Gripp Tube-Type Rear Bike Tyre are best tyre for bikes. Ceat tyres provide maximum grip and durability in all conditions of Indian roads.
Please let us know in the comments section below or email us via the contact page at “The Simple Indian “, which is your favourite pick of tyres out of the list! Remember, we are always here to answer your questions and hear your suggestions. Become a part of “The Simple Indian” family today 🙂
Table of Contents
- List of best tyre for bike in India
- Best Overall
- If Money Not an Object
- Value for Money
- JK Front and Rear best Tyres
- MRF Front and Rear best tyres
- Ralco Front and Rear best tyre
- Michelin Front and Rear best tyre
- Frequently Asked Questions